Sunday, September 10, 2006

Anonymous Rude Trash People

I'm finding that every time I encounter the "leavings" of anonymous rude people, I like them less and less. Actually, I think I've passed over the zero-point boundary, and instead of liking them less, I hate them more.

I'm going to talk about the rude trash-people we "didn't" encounter today, but who's refuse (literally and figuratively) negatively affect other people, who's faces they probably won't have to look in.

We have two trash bins at our apartment complex. Each trash bin has two flip-up covers on top of them. Someone flips the right side of one trash bin up, and people begin to fill that side. When it fills up, do you suspect that the next person who goes out there flips up the left side of that same trash bin, to begin filling the empty side of that bin?

Nope! They keep over filling the filled side, until they are putting things on top of the left lid! This is not the act of one inconsiderate person, but multiple people who continue to pile trash in this rude way.

Now when I go out to throw my trash away, it is not a simple matter for me to flip open the left lid - I would have to find some way to throw away all of the trash that other people have piled on top of the left lid. I would have to do the work that they were too lazy to do. And I would have to do it with two disadvantages:

  • Several people's trash is on top of the lid
  • I'm carrying all of my trash, too
As you can imagine, this is not a cool position to be in. I go around to the other trash bin, prop the top partway open with trash I'm carrying, and throw all of my trash in to that side. When I consider the task of picking up after other people, and my girlfriend waiting with the car idling, I decide to not clean up after several rude . But at least I threw out my trash in a way that does not make it more difficult for the next folks who show up.

No comments: